Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Picture of the day

OK - so actually there are two pictures of the day. 

We've been anxiously awaiting the hatching of these little peeps.  The nest has been at the top of one of the columns on our side porch for at least a month, but it may be longer...it seems like it's been so long.  We've had to let Roscoe out the back door many times for fear that he would be attacked by Momma Bird. 

I finally got up on a ladder to check them out today, and I was surprised.  Dare I say...they are ugly.  Their little mouths stayed open until I got up there to snap their picture.  They then stayed so still.

There are four, although only three are showing.  The fourth is in the very back in the corner.  The first one on the left looks as if he is going to fall out but I assure you he was perfectly safe and comfortable.  You can barely see the one in the middle.  His beak is resting on the edge of the nest, but it is easiest to see his "eyebrows"...they look like they belong to an old man - fluffiness above his eyes.  I love him in the first shot!  The one to the far right decided to move his head and open his mouth.

I hope you enjoy...I'm pretty sure I'll be snapping some more this weekend.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP